Friday, December 20, 2013

Macha, My Brave Companion!

This story was written on November 2, 2013, however, it has taken me this long to figure out how to copy the story out of my own Facebook! Lol Enjoy!

Hi everyone!  :-)

Already closed up and secure in the van tonight! The sun has just gone down... Last night just as dusk was setting in ...I had everything locked up except the side door... I was sitting on my cot watching the shadows fade. Macha, my brave companion,( please see her picture below!) Was on the cot asleep next to me. The night was coming on quietly...peaceful and tranquil.

Suddenly, Macha jumps up growling and tried to jump out of the van!  I grab her and look where she is focused  and sure enough, a coyote, behind a bush, not 20 feet away. (not that I was counting feet at that moment, you understand, it is just that I am quite familiar with that bush as I am often picking up Macha leavings there. It is just at the end of her 20' leash) Now Macha has a big bark for such a little dog and the coyote started to move away.

.....meanwhile, back in the van, I am desperately trying to hold onto Macha, who  is under the impression that she is a doberman pincher, (as I understand it many little dogs suffer from this delusion, especially when under ten pounds. It is commonly referred to as small dog syndrome) and is trying with all her might to go chase the bad coyote away.  I am also trying to get the safety off on my pistol, in case of need, at just that moment the big bad coyote, which incidentally was looking larger with each passing heartbeat, turned around and looked back at us. 

The brazen thing must have decided we were easy pickings and started to come back towards us and lingered behind that all too convenient bush just long enough for me to fire, non too steadily into the bush.

Wonder of wonders I did hit the bush!  The noise and passage of my small bullet being enough to frighten away the big bad coyote I heaved a sigh of relief, then, after successfully containing Macha and getting the door closed, I assured myself that all the other doors were locked (I am uncertain of the reasoning behind that particular action) I then proceeded to tell Macha what a good girl she was and that she better not have to go out side for any reason until daylight, because if she did, she was plumb out of luck. I do feel we had used up our quotient for some time to come!

Lol don't you agree

1 comment: