Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Running Closehauled



Riding on the edge. Breeze in my face, feeling the splash of the spray as the bow hits the waves. Sail taunt in the wind and the sheets almost humming in my hands.

Sun over my shoulder warming my back and making the water before me dance with points of brilliant light.

Feeling the ripples of the water running under my tiny craft. I can feel it in the heels of my feet as I brace against those sudden little shifts of wind.

Sailing a long tack before I yell "Gybe Ho" to the sky. The sail on the boom swings over my head and snaps back into play as I head off across the water feeling all the worries of life streaming away as my little boat and I enjoy each moment of our day.

Sometimes. .... I just need to talk about it you know?? Still waiting to sail my little beauty. Been far too long since I have been sailing. :-)

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Rachel,

    Stopped by to get caught up on your blog. Good heavens, girl, you have had some "adventures!" I'm sorry you've had some setbacks. Resilience is your middle name!

    Excellent writing in all the posts... Great photos, too!

    I hope Macha is well. I was browsing some photos the other days and came across her sweet face. Good luck with the land search! Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Resilience. That is the kind way of saying I am as stubborn as all get out! Thank you so much for your kind words about my posts. Coming from someone like you it means so much.

      Delete
    2. Macha says she still wants to play with your two sweethearts. We both thank you again for coming to our rescue that day.

      Delete